Dear Friends,He’s already making a list of general relief-effort priorities for all of Haiti:
We were very lucky. I have heard from most of our staff and they are safe. My knee is slightly injured by a piece of concrete that fell from the ceiling. I was at a meeting with the Prime Minister, The Minister of Health, the Director General, the Directors of WHO and UNAIDS, USAID staff, others when it all started. We were all able to get out before the room collapsed.
All the walls around both GHESKIO sites are broken. Buildings have been structurally damaged particularly at the old GHESKIO.
1. Clear the obstructed roads so that help can reach those in needs
2. Specialized teams to save those who are still under the rubbles
3. Shelters for those who lost their home
4. Medical and surgical supplies
6. Ready to use food
7. Need to organize quickly the burial of the thousands who are dead.
8. Need to put in place emergency hospitals as Doctors without Borders are not operational as their building collapsed.
9. Emergency measures to prevent infections